CLASSES: A range of possible class offerings which vary in terms of content and interaction based on age group. Some examples below.
- Music and Movement (school/activity center setting; ages 2-4 WITH adult accompaniment) Emphasis on moving/gesturing to music, making rhythms, differentiating instruments and singing freely in English.
- Singalong and Music Games (private or school setting, 3-6) Emphasis on singing freely in English, often with coordinated movement. Children also spend time on listening activities, exploring instruments and learning singing and rhythm basics.
- "Love Music"/Music Appreciation (private or school setting, ages 6+) Introduction to musical genres and music basics (notation, intonation, rhythm) with an emphasis on participation (singing, moving, playing) and true appreciation. Short ukulele lessons are included in these classes.
- Musical Yoga (school/activity center setting, with Mom/other caretaker) Exposure to live violin music, storytelling through yoga, mom and baby bonding and singing in English.
- Children's Chorus (school setting) Introduction to singing in a group, intonation, basic music terms and coordinated movement with singing. Currently offered at Madrid Montessori.
REPERTOIRE: Classes feature a selection of familiar songs in English (both traditional and rock/folk) as well as original ViolinKate songs written for younger audiences (check out Pirate Kate below). Songs are selected for simple, yet useful English content, for humour, for cultural relevance and - above all - for melody and ease of singing. Some favorites include: You are my Sunshine, The Lion Sleeps Tonight, Love Me Do, My Bonnie, Rock Around the Clock and many many more.
Click below to request more information about class offerings/options